Mercury Retrograde is one of the more well known concepts of astrology along with the Full and New Moons and eclipses. They happen frequently, 3 to 4 times a year.
A retrograde of a planet occurs when it looks like it is moving backwards from our perspective on Earth. It really isn’t, but this shifting perspective can cause all things related to Mercury to be off kilter during this time.
Mercury is the planet of:
- strongly connected to both Gemini and Virgo
So expect things to be just weird relating to those issues during this time. This is why people often dread Mercury Retrogrades.
However, I have come to enjoy them as long as I know what’s happening! I will admit that my thinking tends to be fuzzy and non-linear during Mercury Retrogrades. I make sure to give myself plenty of time to get things done because I may need to redo them or the path in getting things done won’t be linear.
During Mercury Retrogrades:
- Expect things to just be weird in general.
- It’s not a great time to make decisions, but a perfect time to research them, unexpected things may come to light that you wouldn’t find out otherwise!
- Expect miscommunications to happen. Try not to take things personally.
- Things technology might be off, such as computers and cell phones.
- A perfect time to finish projects, but not start them.
- Take things slow and go inward.
Meditation and Reiki are great tools for finding your center during Mercury Retrogrades, so that you can be the center of calm in the middle of the storm. As always, I’m available on both Mondays and Wednesdays for the weekly Zoom events as well as for one-on-one private Reiki sessions.
Online via Zoom
Every Monday at 6PM Chicago time
Online via Zoom
Every Wednesday at 6PM Chicago time
Reiki hugs! ~ Jerry 💖✨💫
Image of the Planet Mercury eclipsing the Sun by ParallelVision from